[windows2000] Re: Changing printer name in Win 2K

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:27:16 -0800

From: "Bennett, Cameron" <CBennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Can the printer name be changed in Windows 2000?  Currently users that have
more than one printer will see the queue and server i.e. Q_FD1 on Server.
Can I change this to be more meaningful for the users?

START -> SETTINGS -> PRINTERS -> RIGHT CLICK ON PRINTER -> SELECT RENAME -> TYPE IN NEW NAME AND HIT ENTER -> RIGHT CLICK ON PRINTER -> SELECT SHARING -> ENTER NEW NAME IN SHARING BOX AND CLICK OK

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Beware of Windows. IE...Outlook...Office...The dark side of the OS are they."
"Easily does it flow, quick to setup. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny."
"Consume you it will, as it did Ballmer and Gates."
"Is Windows stronger than Linux?"
"No!....Quicker, easier, more seductive."
"But how am I to know the good side from the bad?"
"You will KNOW. When you are root, at the command line, knowledgeable."

Set yourself up for fun at home! Get tips on home entertainment equipment, video game reviews, and more here. http://special.msn.com/home/homeent.armx