[windows2000] Re: Changing printer name in Win 2K

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 14:44:05 -0800

From: "Drew Shriner" <drew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Does this work using Novell NDPS printer assignment? I never thought it
did... I've tried to do it, and it prohibits rename. As far as I know,
there aren't any policies in place to do such a thing (since I can
rename any other printer, just not those attached to an NDPS printer
queue).

I must have missed something, because I don't remember seeing anything about Novell in your original post.

Then again, I'm just a budding Novell Administrator... slightly played
around with Novell last year, and suddenly I'm one of two network
administrators for a very large school district. Thankfully, I learn
quickly!

This page seems to think it's fairly easy, check here:

http://helpdesk.graniteschools.org/docs/ndps/addprinterwizard/

Sorry, but I don't have any Novell systems here to test it on, you might do better on a Novell list.

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." --Darth Vader

Set yourself up for fun at home! Get tips on home entertainment equipment, video game reviews, and more here. http://special.msn.com/home/homeent.armx