[windows2000] Changing install of Office 2000 without the original installation CD..

  • From: "Steve Rance" <stever@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 10:01:00 +0100

Hi,

Platform: Windows NT 4 Workstation, Office 2000 Professional

The users profile was recreated on this machine and now everytime they =
go into Word or Excel they are asked for the "Office 2000 Professional =
CD", if they click on cancel it goes in and seems to work ok.

The problem I have is I don't have the CD that was used to install =
Office on this PC in the first place, and neither of the two Office CD's =
(one is an upgrade, and the other SR1) I have are accepted as the =
"Office 2000 Professional CD".

I have tried to reinstall, repair, upgrade and remove Office from the pc =
but everytime I am asked for the "Office 2000 Professional CD".

I have looked on the M$ KB but didn't find anything useful.

Has anyone got any ideas how I can get around this, without having to =
rebuild the PC?

Thanks for any help on this,

Steve Rance