[windows2000] Re: Can't view shares on one computer

  • From: "Art Bain" <artbain2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 21:27:14 -0400

The server service was running on the bad box. I ran nbtstat and got the following:

Local Area Connection:
Node IP Address: [192.168.1.3] Scope Id: []
NetBIOS Remote Machine Name Table
Name                Type                   Status
scanner        <00>  Unique         Registered
scanner        <20>  Unique         Registered
Work           <00>  Group          Registered
scanner        <03>  Unique         Registered
Work           <iE>   Group          Registered
scan            <03>  Unique         Registered

MAC Address 00-10-4b-9b-d7=7d

What does it mean, oh great one?

Also, RPC service was started, but the RPC Locator service wasn't. I started it up and it made no difference.

Art

Instant message in style with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com