[windows2000] Re: Can't DCs be ghosted??

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 10:44:32 -0800

>From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>The cpu (athlon t-bird/1200 with the standard fan) burned on the
>dc(!) during the night. Either that or it got severly overheated
>for whatever reason... Some new years eve... The boss better not
>forget the *Sysadmin's Appreciation Day 2003*...

Stock fans are crap, and thermal tape is a terrible heat conductor.  I
recommend thermaltake or alpha with Arctic silver III thermal grease, you
won't believe the difference.

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"I can sleep at night because my servers are secure.  What's the secret you
ask?  I filled them with concrete."