[windows2000] Can't Create PPTP Connection

  • From: Mike Dillinger <miked@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Windows 2000 <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 18:36:40 -0700

Folks,

I am trying to create a PPTP connection to my employer.  When I go to
Start -> Settings -> Network and Dial-up Connections, and select "Make
New Connection", the option to create a PPTP connection is grayed out.
As a matter of fact, the only option I have is to create a "Dial-up to
the Internet" connection.  I need to fix it so I can select "Connect to
a private network through the Internet".  It used to work, but this was
a few years ago at a previous employer.  I'm guessing one of the patches
wreaked some havoc, but that's just a guess.

I have tried this as administrator also and I get the same results.

I went to "Add/Remove Windows Components" to verify all of the
networking items were there and it looks fine to me.  The only thing
missing was IIS, but I don't think I need that for this.

Any idea or suggestions?

Thanks!
-MikeD