[windows2000] Cannot download SP4

  • From: "Hazen Woods" <ehw@xxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 13:37:49 -0500

Yesterday attempted 2 times to install SP4 over SP2, with same results.  The
Installation program would
download, system backup performed, the get message saying connecting to the
download site,
whereupon nothing else happened. By that I mean that to the contrary of the
message, no effort was made
to access any site (no activity on external modem or onboard tcp/ip monitor).

Currently I wonder if Norton AV or Firewall was interfering, but usually get
message if any conflict exists.

Anyway, the suggestion was made to download SP4 from alternative site
 http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/downloads/default.asp

However, when go to that site, the option to download SP4 is greyed out and
only option available is to
order the CD.  I suspect a cookie is interfering at this point.

At a loss to know how to proceed.  Any and all suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Hazen Woods
Austin, TX USA
eCS and Win2k Pro