[windows2000] Call a script or just run it?

  • From: "Costanzo, Ray" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 14:07:23 -0400

Hi list,

I'm getting rid of all our .bat logon scripts and writing .vbs ones.  It
seems that I can't set a user's logon script to be a .vbs file, so I
will have one .bat file that will be something like "allusers.bat" for
everyone and that will run the .vbs files.  My questions are:

Am I right that a .vbs file cannot be set as a user's logon script?
(Most workstations are NT 4 still.)

Should I "call" the .vbs files or just run them?  Example contents of

call wscript file.vbs
wscript file.vbs

the system manager.