[windows2000] Re: Biostar Microtech

  • From: "Jeff Stockard" <jstockard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 08:45:12 -0500

It is running Windows XP.  (Sorry, but this list has a better quality of
members (better answers and more prolific) than the Windows XP list).  When I
go into Task manager, the only CPU listing is System Idle Time.  The memory is
showing up as 85 MB in use.  I have 512 MB installed.  The Performance graph
shows up as 2% in use.  I found an article which says the LCD and my modem type
may have problems, and I found another which says the Hot Keys and the screen
display do not like each other.  I turned off the Hot keys, disabled the modem
and stopped the display icon from starting in the Task Bar.  Sorin suggested I
empty my Prefetch folder, so I did.  It only had 4 MB in there.
Sometimes it starts up fine, then I have to wait 5 to 10 minutes before the
Start button will work.  When it is locked up, I can open Task Manager, but it
stays there when I close Task Manager.  The mouse moves, but clicking does not
work.  If I click something a lot of times, it will open a bunch of them when
it frees up.  It works great, then simply locks up at random.
Thank you
Jesus Loves You