[windows2000] Batchfile help

  • From: Jennifer Hooper <jennifer.hooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 14:17:21 -0700

Ok, so I'm operating on 3 hours of sleep and trying to write a batch file to
pingsweep our network in anticipation of shutting everything down this
weekend.

I have a list of all the IP and machine names.  I want to ping the Ips, and
leave in place the NAME of the server on that IP.  BUT... I can't figure out
the character to comment out the rest of the string:

ping x.x.x.x1           ;servername1.peregrine.com.
ping x.x.x.x2           ;servername2.peregrine.com.
ping x.x.x.x3           ;servername3.peregrine.com.
ping x.x.x.x4           ;servername4.peregrine.com.
ping x.x.x.x5           ;servername5.peregrine.com.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... I just can't figure it out, and I
know it's elementary.

Jen

Jennifer Hooper
Peregrine Systems, Inc.