[windows2000] Re: Batch File Question

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 10:00:32 +0100

> Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 00:51:12 -0700
> From: Mike Dillinger <miked@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [windows2000] Re: Batch File Question

In this scenario, though, why build a loop - you are not truly building
an array, anyways, as cmd / bat files don't truly support the concept.

If you are always merely going to hard-code the list, why bother looping
it?

You will just end up with a script that appears needlessly complex for
the task it does. By all means, learn scripting concepts by writing
scripts, but I can't see the sense in making a script you are going to
use in production, needlessly complex.

Neil

e-mail from your system.
to any person or organisation.