[windows2000] Re: Auto-shutdown pc's with GPO

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 14:48:41 -0500

I do the same thing with the "Net View" command.

<----------Start Script---------------->
for /f "skip=1" %%i in ('net view') do call Process %%i
goto :eof

:Process
If "%1"=="Server1" goto :eof
If "%1"=="Server2" goto :eof

(and so on)

If "%1"=="Server50" goto :eof
Shutdown -s -m %1

:EOF
<----------end Script---------------->

Basically add a line into the "process" section for each server that you
DON'T want to shut down, and then run it.

If you want to see a list of the computers that WILL shutdown, replace
the shutdown command with:

Echo %1

HTH,

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

________________________________

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Patrick
Posted At: Thursday, December 18, 2008 11:32 AM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] Re: Auto-shutdown pc's with GPO
Subject: [windows2000] Re: Auto-shutdown pc's with GPO

Yep,

That is the way I have done it in the past. good old hyena. I thought
hibernate would be good enough, but they are insisting on shutdown.

Thanks

Patrick