[windows2000] Arcserve not compressing data....

  • From: "Steve Rance" <Steve.Rance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:15:16 +0100

Hello, any ideas on this one?

On our Windows 2000 File Server (SP3) running Arcserve 2000 (SP4) with AIT
35/70 tape drive, it will only backup 35Gb onto one tape before prompting for
another one (ie. it is not compressing the data).

I am 100% sure that we are using the correct tapes as it use to compress, this
is something that has started to happen.  It worked fine before, I was getting
around 50Gb onto a tape.  There has been no changes to the setup of the server,
hardware or software when it stopped working correctly.

I have checked every setting I can find but can't get any more that 35Gb onto a
tape.

If I turn on software compression (within Arcserve) I get the warning when
backing up that it has been disabled as hardware compression is being used.

Any Ideas, because our file server is not being backed probably at the
moment....

thanks,

Steve