[windows2000] Re: Adding printers

  • From: "Neil Bullock" <n.bullock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:08:57 +0100

Hi,

Have you tried the following:

http://www.robvanderwoude.com/2kprintcontrol.html

We use it here over VBScript based mapping because it runs quicker.  Useful
in a classroom environment when the printer never changes, you can make a
per-machine connection that applies to all users by doing:

RUNDLL32 PRINTUI.DLL,PrintUIEntry /ga /c\\machine /n\\machine\printer

You can even do it remotely.

--
Neil Bullock, ICT Technician
Brayton College, Doncaster Road, Selby, YO8 9QS