[windows2000] Re: Active Directory and Macs

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:48:09 -0000

> Subject: [windows2000] Active Directory and Macs
> Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 17:00:07 -0600
> From: "John Parker" <jp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> We are trying to get our Macs to communicate with our Active
> Directory. But it has a forest field that it insists on being
> filled in. Aren't forests for mutiple domains?
> Anyone had any luck with this?

Did you post this question a while back? 'cos a little bit back,
somebody asked a very similar question, and I replied, but never heard
anything more?

Anyways, yes I've done this fairly recently (Mac OS X 10.2.3, I think)
Mac client machines authenticating via LDAP to active directory, and
mapping home directories from W2K MSCS file resources on the MAC, also
accessing Office 2000 apps via Citrix and NFuse.

What questions do you have? Could you be a bit more specific about what
you mean above? What version of Mac OS are you using?

e-mail from your system.
to any person or organisation.

This Weeks Sponsor Pearl Software