[windows2000] Re: Actions that synch in the domain

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:02:51 -0700

From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
It's really just a matter of luck... you guys happen to ask all the
questions I asked three years ago (I think) when we were doing our AD
planning.

Yeah, I've had things like that happen to me as well, makes you look smart because you got pissed off and figured out how to fix something that was annoying you before anyone else got around to it.

One of the first questions that came up is, where to find the "Synchronize
Entire Domain" option that used to be in Server Manager.
I found no joy in the built in synch tools, especially since I wanted to
give a script to my monkeys to run for me.  So, a little googling, a little
time on the Microsoft scripting site, and voila!

Got to love google, give me just about any topic and I could sound like I know something within two days.

And would you really want to work in Beautiful Worcester, Massachusetts?

Not particularly, but sometimes it's frustrating being a one man band, might be nice to be around someone who's eyes didn't glaze over after the first twenty seconds of technical jargon.

Thanks for the props,

No sweat, just sometimes you post, and I'm scratching my head going "Now why didn't I think of that?".

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"We are successful when our bosses wonder what it is we do all day." -- Tim Mullen

See when your friends are online with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com