[windows2000] Re: Actions that synch in the domain

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 20:15:43 -0400

OK, you asked...

This script requires the IADSTool.DLL, which I believe can be found in the
support.cab on the Win2K Server CD.

It first gets the default naming context, which is the current domain name.

Then it gets a collection of Domain Controllers fromthe "Domain Controllers"
OU.

Then it performs nested loops, forcing a synch between each pair of Domain
controllers.

<------------Start Script----------->
1.Option Explicit
2.
3.Dim objRootDSE, objOU, comDLL
4.Dim strDomainName
5.Dim objDomainController, objDomainController2
6.Dim intResult
7.
8.Set objRootDSE = GetObject("LDAP://rootDSE";)
9.strDomainName = objRootDSE.Get("defaultNamingContext")
10.wscript.echo "Beginning Synch for " & strDomainName
11.WScript.Echo "---------------------------------------------------"
12.WScript.Echo
13.
14.Set objOU = GetObject("LDAP://OU=Domain Controllers," & strDomainName)
15.Set comDLL = CreateObject("IADsTools.DCFunctions")
16.
17.For Each objDomainController In objOU
18.  For Each objDomainController2 In objOU
19.    If objDomainController.cn <> objDomainController2.cn Then
20.      WScript.echo "  Requesting Synch between " & objDomainController.cn
& " and " & objDomainController2.cn
21.      intResult = comDLL.ReplicaSync(CStr(objDomainController.cn),
CStr(strDomainName), CStr(objDomainController2.cn))
22.      If intResult=0 Then
23.        wscript.echo "     Completed successfully."
24.      Else
25.        wscript.echo "     Failed " & comDLL.LastErrorText
26.      End If
27.      WScript.Echo
28.    End If
29.  Next
30.Next

Watch for line wrap.  Each line is numbered, and the numbers should be
removed.

HTH,

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.