[windows2000] Account Weirdness... :)

  • From: Aaron Dokey <adokey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 12:49:10 -0400

This is more of an NT4 problem, but it's Friday.  I figure most of you want
something to do other than work anyways.

I've got one user, who has an account in an NT4 domain and is having
problems.  Their account gets locked out no matter what I do.  No one is
trying to log into the account (according to the security logs on the DC's),
and this happens even with his workstation shut off.

On my end I unlock his account, and the next time I go into the properties
it's locked out again.  No attempts to login show up in the logs.  This
happens even if I disable the account, the locked out box will be checked
next time I go into it.  Sometimes there is a delay before the account gets
locked out again, maybe 10 seconds or so.  If I sync the domain controllers
in between checking the account it's always locked out.  I figured maybe my
DC was funky, I've restarted the net logon process on the BDC and completely
restarted the PDC machine.  It even happens when I stop the net logon
process on the BDC and just leave the PDC running.

Any clues?  I'm totally lost on this one.  :)

Aaron Dokey - MIS
Reid Tool Supply
2265 Black Creek Rd.
Muskegon, MI   49444