[windows2000] Accessing windowsupdate from a protected environment

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 09:39:26 +0100

Hi all,

Our central networkadmin set up a portfiler which blocks pretty
much everything, with the result that I can't access windows update
(WU) anymore.

AFAIK WU uses port 80 initially to connect, but what about after
that? Are there any other ports that need to be specifically
opened?

He's requested info on what ports WU's using, except for the
initial port 80 is normally open anyway.

Can you guys help?

Thank you.

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web: http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,          Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >> 5 signals
>> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                        Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University      Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.
#
# ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
# /\
#
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#
# Are you still here? The message is over. Shoo! Go away!