[windows2000] Access to the specified device, path, or file is denied

  • From: "Perry van Erning" <pve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 14:15:13 +0100

Hi everyone,

I've got an huge problem with 5 W2K servers. The problem is:
When a server is rebooted than I can access every thing on my desktop.
When I come back, an hour later,
and I want to start a icon on my desktop it says: "Access to the
specified device, path, or file is denied", or he does nothing!
When I go to the startmenue and try to open something he says: " Unable
to run this command".
(Thank god, it works fine with terminal services!)

When I reboot the system again, I can work for some time and he gives
the same problem again.
I've put up the latest patches and SP4 and logging in with
administrator.

Does somebody have any idea?

Regards,

Perry