[windows2000] Re: Access from linux to sharepoint

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 09:38:36 +0200

Charles R. Buchanan <> wrote on Monday, October 09, 2006 10:42 PM:

It's all done using NFS, CIFS or some other cool acronym, as it's over a
network (web, port 80 - nothing strange AFAIK). The linux machines don't have
to deal with the ntfs-filesystem per se. At least AFAIK.

I was thinking of a more ready-for-the-future fix using some kind of
authentication from the linux-side, and that both windows and linux speak. I'm
a dunce, still, on authentication-issues on linux-windows crosstalk.

*nix (linux, irix, sunos) and windows has by tradition been two separate camps
on our department so far. I thought I'd try to skip the gap once and for all.