[windows2000] Re: A question or two about rebooting servers that are global catalog servers and GP

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 10:03:47 -0400

Rod,

Sounds like replication is not working correctly in your AD.

Probably what happened is that, if you had checked your %logonserver% when
you were having the problem, you would have seen you were authenticating to
the "bad" dc.

There are resource kit tools that you can use to see what is going on with
replication.  REPLMON is the one that comes to mind, but if you poke through
the resource kit tools help file, I'm sure there is at least one more.

Play with those, and see what you can find...

Sorry this is so general,

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.