[windows2000] Re: 37 OS's on one PC!

  • From: "Wayland Phillips" <wayland.phillips@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 15:13:22 -0400

Tape drive.

Jim Kenzig <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>@freelists.org on 09/27/2002 03:07:30 PM

Please respond to windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by:    windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:    windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:

Subject:    [windows2000] Re: 37 OS's on one PC!

Cassette tape or 8 1/2" Floppy?  I was the manager of a Radio Shack Store
when the model one came out and even when the first true PC the Tandy 1000
came out.  What always amazed me is the RS did not put a POS using a
computer until only within the last 8 or 10 years.  They used handwritten
tickets.  We used a hybrid of the Tandy 1000 called a Tandy 2000 to run the
store and do inventory but nothing else. Those were the days.  Back then a
5
MEGABYTE, yes Megabyte, hard disk for the Model II/III weighed about 150
pounds and was the size of a standard desktop PC and costed over $5000! I
sold one once.
JK