Re: wave out or direct out output.

  • From: Chipmunks <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 23:43:36 +0200

that depends on your oprating system. Under win 9x, i think the recommended output was .wav while the default under NT is Direct Sound. I do not know wy, though. i just know that switching from Direct Sound to wave out solved some sound card issues a friend was having on their xp system.

Frankly, if you are not having any problems, I'd stay with whatever you are using and if you do have issues, try the other output plugin and see if that works any better.

I for a while had one plugin tied to one sound card in my box and the other to the other one so I could switch devices by just switching the output plugin in winamp.

Cheers,

Doris
At 06:18 PM 5/17/2007 -0300, you wrote:

Hi Folks:

What is the best output to use in Winamp: wave out, or direct output and why?

Thanks all over the place gang.

Jim Noseworthy CEO
Compuconference.com
phone:  (506) 453-9448