Re: track titles not showing up in Winamp

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 12:53:10 -0500

Hi. I have changed the subject line to make it more clear for everyone to understand. I think what has happened here is that you tried ripping the CD with Goldwave which gave you wav files instead of mp3, and even if they did give you mp3, the problem lies in not being able to see the song titles in Winamp. This can be solved by using a more standard CD ripper, like CDEX.
CDEX will go out to the CDDB or CD Data base on the net and grab the track titles for you if the CD exists there. I've run into a few that didn't register so I had to go to another place and grab the song titles. So what I would suggest doing is to try ripping the CD with CDEX and see if it grabs your song titles for you. That way you'll have proper file names and ID3 tags for your files, so that when you read your title bar, you'll know what song you're listening to.

At 12:11 PM 7/8/2005, you wrote:
You will want to check and edit the ID3 tags of your mp3 files. There are many great programs for working with ID3 tags but that would be off topic for this list. You can use winamp to edit ID3 tags as well by hitting alt 3 to bring up the box for ID3 tag info. You can tab around this box and fill in the appropriate info for each song. Note there is tag info for version 1 and 2 of the ID3 tags and both contain the same info. The difference is that v2 fields can hold much more text then version 1. I'd recommend filling out both. In fact some of my albums contain the entire liner notes in the comment field of version 2 of the ID3 tag. Hope this helps.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rudie Toroian" <rudie.toroian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>