Re: Winamp Playing Video Files

  • From: "Robert Robinson" <robert.trj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 11:38:36 -0400

Hi Howard. I had the same problem from time to time. I believe that it all
depends on what codec was used when the avi file was created. Winamp sometimes
just won't play certain types of avi files. I know it is a touch off topic, but
I eventually switched to the KLite codec pack. I installed the entire package,
including the media player classic, and it plays all forms of video just fine,
and is somewhat accessible. You can use the space bar to play and pause, and
use the arrow keys to raise and lower the volume, as well as ctrl left and
right arrow to go forward and backwards. I keep winamp for my audio though.
Nothing comes close to the sound through winamp. Hope that helps some

Rob