RE: Winam on a Mac [was "Re: response from FS regarding winamp scripts and windows 7"]

  • From: "Christopher Chaltain" <chaltain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 20:06:58 -0500

I didn't realize the people that make Winamp also made the Juice podcatcher
and the VLC media player. I'm actually surprised to hear this because I
thought Winamp came from AoL, and I didn't realize Juice and VLC did as
well. Interesting too since winamp is also a podcatcher and of course a
media player. I've played around with Juice and VLC, and I never noticed
they also supported the Mac, although since I'm not a Mac user, I never
looked for that.

According to the Winamp FAQ at http://www.winamp.com/help/FAQ, there doesn't
seem to be a Mac version of Winamp. All of the requirements just refer to
different versions of Windows.

Even if there were, voiceOver would have to work better with Winamp than it
does with iTunes to make it a viable option, at least if I were driving a
Mac, and given that voiceOver and iTunes are both Apple products, again, I'd
be surprised if the voiceOver/Winamp combination would come out ahead. All
speculation on my part though! :-)

--
Christopher
chaltain@xxxxxxxxx