RE: WINAMP 5.57 and SOME OPERATING SISTEMS

  • From: Chris Skarstad <rascal0826@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 13:53:27 -0600

I don't really have an answer for that one, I'm also running xp SP 3 and it installed without a hitch.

Also, to everyone on the list here, let me make a suggestion if I may? Every single time we have a new version come out, we have exactly the same sorts of questions about installing Winamp and such. If a new person comes on and they don't know then that's understandable, but to avoid asking the same questions, a good thing to do is to save previous e-mails that answer those questions so you can refer back to them and not have to ask the same questions over and over. the 2 most frequently asked questions seem to be where do i download it, and how do I set it up? If the Winamp site is too much for you to deal with, remember there are other sites for downloading programs I.E. download.com tucows.com and others. The best thing to do is to find a download site you like, and use that site to get the latest version, and you'll have it on your system much faster.

As far as setting it up, the previous or custom installs work fine when upgrading. I've used both and they work just fine. all your previous settings are maintained. It's so nice to be able to do that, that way you don't have to spend hours configuring Winamp the way you like it. Just install and off you go. Hope that helps demistify some of this stuff.

At 06:04 PM 12/18/2009, you wrote:
I am using vista home premium 64 bit and some problems.
Nothing major though.
Just some key commands won't work.

Junior Lolley KG4ITD Liberty County E. C.