Re: New radio station

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:13:32 -0400

Hi Ron

I'm not sure exactly how it works, but in theory,when you broadcast, and you have a specific checkbox checked in the plugin, your show will be listed in the Shoutcast yellowpages and any other public directories. So people can do a search for the station from there as well. I don't know how they count connections, but it's an interesting question to ponder.

At 12:23 AM 9/22/2008, you wrote:
Hi Chris,

You know I was wondering about that whole business.  I like to bookmark all
my stations in Winamp and use it directly.  But now that I am aware of this
licensing issue, I will forebear and do it so as to be counted.  I wonder
why they just don't monitor the connections to the site from where ever.  By
this I mean that if you use the Winamp library for example, you can see the
number of connections listed minute by minute as you refresh the listings.
I wonder why Shoutcast couldn't do something like that to monitor the
traffic.  That way they would never miss anybody no matter how they logged
on: Winamp, Real Player, Windows Media Player, VLC Player ETC.