To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 10:14 PM
Subject: Re: Jaspers line in plug in

so, let me make sure I understand what you're doing. Tell me if I've got this right. You are using one instance of winamp to broadcast. This instance of winamp both plays the music and does the broadcasting. It is set up with the DSP Stacker which triggers Octimax for the compression, then the Sam Encoders to broadcast. Is this correct? If this is your setup, then I don't understand why you are using the LineIn plugin unless you are playing the music through a mixer. In other words, I understand what hardware and software you are using, but I'm not clear how you are tying things together. for example, I use two instances of winamp to broadcast. The broadcasting instance runs Jasper's LineIn plugin which captures everything that comes through the sound card which is set to what you hear as the recording device. this captured audio from jasper's LineIn plugin is then fed to the DSP stacker which triggers Octimax 5.1 for the compression, then the Sam encoders which are set up to broadcast from the audio pipeline rather than from the soundcard output itself. Ultimately this instance of winamp dumps its final sound through the Null Output plugin. The other instance of winamp is what I use to play the music. It runs no DSP effects, and the output plugin is set to the SQR Crossfader plugin which crossfades the tracks in real time. so, this means that the crossfaded tracks from the playing instance of winamp, along with my voice through the microphone, are captured by Jasper's LineIn plugin in the broadcasting instance of winamp, compressed by Octimax, then sent out through the Sam Encoders. That type of detail is what I mean when I ask you how your setup works. I am happy to help all I can, but details are essential because there are a million ways to set this up, some of which work, and some of which don't.
--bob
At 06:54 PM 4/30/2007, you wrote:
ok, using sam encoders, jaspers line in plug in, winamp 5.34 octimax plug in for winamp, the dsp stacker, sound blaster audigy 4 pro sound card
what other things do you need to know?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Kanish" <BobKanish@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: Sunshine sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 16:24:15 -0500
To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

bob, how can you get it to have a title instead of the 44,100 khz and the other stuff? like something like my station name? thanks for the heads up
on
how to do this
----- Original Message ----- From: <bobkanish@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: Sunshine sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 15:17:11 -0500
To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Jaspers line in plug in

can anyone tell me how to use this plug in i know how to get my microphone
to come through my speakers and need to know how to make the plug in not
give me a lot of feedback from my microphone.
thanks for your help

subject line.
Archives located at:
http://www.freelists.org/archives/winamp4theblind>