Re: Help with setting up a Shoutcast station and the whole password thing

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 20:53:09 -0600

Hi Kathy

You  might wanna chek out the following link, it's at the no-ip.com website.

http://www.no-ip.com/support/guides/other/using_cable_dsl_router.html
That article should help you guys out if your friend won't stand still long enough. and you can always write to the no-ip folks and hopefully they can help too.

Hope that helps you guys!

At 08:18 PM 3/4/2007, you wrote:
Okay, guys. My husband and I spent hourse today trying to figure out how to set up a static IP address. And we were doing pretty well till we hit a snag. We have a router and firewalls and were just really having a time trying to match all these subnets, IPs, etc. etc. etc. We were following a tutorial we found amid all the snarky remarks in the Winamp forums, and that was going pretty well till we ran into trying to establish this static IP address. We thought we were properly set up with No-IP, but I guess were really weren't. This is enough to turn our otherwise nice brown hair a very gray gray! Are there any other kindly tutorials or places we can look to establish this IP so folks can find us? Are we the only ones going round in circles with this stuff? We do have afriend we hope can help us with this, if we can hold him still long anough to work with us, but I thought I'd check here first. Sorry for the long post, but it's been a very long weekend messing with this thing!

Peace,
Kathy

Kathy Szinnyey
joyfulrenegade@xxxxxxxxxxxxx