Re: Fix for library problems in latest JAWS 8.0 update!

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 01:51:45 -0600

Hmmm, very strange indeed.
I can't explain why it would work on my system and not yours, ah the wonders of technology. I did notice that when i had the box unchecked for Winamp that it wasn't honoring some of my other preferences. For example, in Winamp I have keyboard echo turned off so that when I press a key, JAWS won't be yacking away at me. However, when I unchecked the box, even though I had typing echo set to off in the config manager, keyboard echo was set to on and it echoed all the characters too. however when I checked the box again, it honored my preferences again. Very interesting indeed. Sorry it didn't work for ya Ron.

At 12:02 AM 3/4/2007, you wrote:
Hi Chris,

This does not work on my system.  Everything is just as messed up whether
you check or uncheck that box under options/manage application/Winamp.