Re: Evil Lyrics, Comcast, proxy, and winamp

  • From: Larry Higgins <lhiggins@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 12:41:51 -0500

Hey Chris,

Like I said, I haven't used it in about a year, and I 'm sure I can do without it. It kinda struck a nerve the other night when a friend wanted to see a performance. But this is a guy who is for the most part computer illiterate, and would have been somewhat impressed, but really, no harm done. You just have to wonder why our varying systems respond to different programs in so many different ways, when theoretically at least, should be able to run similar applications, since we most of us are running the same OS.

Oh well, I give up <g>.

Thanks for your input,

Larry

At 08:45 AM 7/24/2005, you wrote:
Hi Larry

Wow man, sounds like you're trying to squash a bug with an an atomic bomb. lol.
Really, Evil Lyrics ain't all that reliable of a program of late. I wouldn't waste your time and energy on it. it's not gonna deliver a lot of lyrics no matter how many programs you rip out.

At 07:43 AM 7/24/2005, you wrote:
OK, Guess that covers the bases <g>. I've checked my LAN setup in Internet Explorer, and I am definitely not behind a proxy. I have also disconnected my router, and that didn't help. In Winamp, I also unchecked advance in the title options. All I guess I haven't done so far is to try to have someone interpret the graphic in the faq that shows how to type some specified line under the Winamp title options somewhere.

I suppose the next stop, a rather desperate one, would be to uninstall both Adaware, and Spybott, and maybe even Spyware Blaster. I mean, maybe Spyware Blaster might be filtering the thing in some way as, well you know, "spyware." Guess it's just a question of how far I really want to go to use this thing huh?

Oh well,

Larry