Re: Error Message when installing latest Winamp.

  • From: "arlene" <nedster6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 20:54:45 -0800

Hello: I've seen this before. What I did was uninstall the folder in my c drive. then I did a fresh install. It worked! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kathy and Tom" <tkdarnold@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2007 7:43 PM
Subject: Error Message when installing latest Winamp.

Hi All. I'm getting an error message when installing the latest version of
Winamp, 5.34.

I tried uninstalling previous version, 5.33 thinking that might be the
problem.  Still got error message.  Then I tried uninstalling the Winamp
folder in program files.  Was unable to delete the Winamp folder.  I
received an error message  The error message was something like "access
denied."  I'll include the error messages at the end of this message.

I did install the new ACB radio tuner.  I don't know if that would make a
difference. Thanks for everyone's help. Have a good one. Here's the error
messages.

Kathy

Winamp Setup
Error opening file for writing:
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe
Click Abort to stop the installation,
Retry to try again, or
Ignore to skip this file.
Abort Retry Ignore
Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these
things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6 33, KJV.

 tkdarnold@xxxxxxxxxxxxx