Re: Can't get into preferences, in 5.434 Beta...

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 18:02:11 -0500

Hi Mac

I do not think Chris was being sarcastic at all, in fact I quite agree with his assessment. As I said in a previous message here, this list is not a vehicle to show off how much I know, and i'm not here to flex any kind of muscles and say, hey, i know more than you do! This list exists for the purpose of helping folks out with their problems with Winamp. You might not know as much as some other folks do here on the list but that doesn't make you a bad person and it doesn't mean that you aren't welcome to post questions. All we can do is help each other and if people get their problems solved then that's a good thing. If not however, there are always other ways of getting help. Some people have found that the list isn't for them because what we're talking about is too advanced. Others subscribe, ask a question and when theier problem is solved, they unsubscribe. Not a problem. If you need more general windows help, you might try the blindtech list on yahoogroups. It's kind of high traffic, but if you stick around for a while, you might learn a few things. and if you ask questtions about things you're confused about, then you'll most likely get an answer and you'll get the help you need to get going. Remember, mac, I'm just a regular guy here sitting behind a computer. Everyone here is equal, in that we are all here on the list to learn some things. Some folks might know more than others, but like I said before, if you're confused about something, getting frustrated isn't going to solve the problem. Tell us, as best you can, what terms we're using that confuse you and we'll all help as best we can. That's why this list exists, to help people, not to show off.

Hey, thanks so much for the sarcasm; it is really appreciated!