Re: Can't get into preferences, in 5.434 Beta...

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:00:12 -0500

hi Mac

Ok, try removing the scripts you downloaded from the JFW lite site. do a search for the following files on your system and delete them.

winamp.jbs
winamp.jcf
winamp.jkm
winamp.jsb
winamp.jsd
winamp.jsh
winamp.jsm
winamp.jss
winampjs.jsh

If you delete these files, the support for Winamp built into JAWS will take over and you should be ok again. Note you should only delete these scripts from your user folder. to do this, go to start menu, programs, then find your version of JAWS, mine is JAWS 8.0 sub menu. Then press enter on explore JAWS sub menu, then press enter again on explore my settings. If these scripts were installed correctly, which I'm guessing they most likely were, they should be in there. simply delete those files and you should then be able to access the Winamp preferences in the normal way. The control plus p hot key is a Winamp function itself, it has nothing to do with the JAWS scripts, but for some reason, one of the scripts is, aparently, blocking Winamp's ability to bring you to the preferences window.

Hopefully, this should help. I never had much help from those scripts either just so you know. They most definitely did not work well on my system so I went back to the regular ones built into JAWS.

At 02:34 PM 3/16/2007, you wrote:
Chris,

I did download, successfully, I might add, the scripts from JFW lite.
Thanks for the input!  As said, Beta versions are not for the light of
heart!  I think I am learning what to do, with this puppy, albeit very
slowly!

Thanks,

-Mac-