[win2kforum] Re: shut down problem

  • From: "Algobell" <algobell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 17:45:27 +0100

Thanks for the suggestions. I still had Media Player 7, but I removed that
and it still does not help.

I have a bit more info from the guy who was investigating the fan noise.

The original PSU was removed and a more recent/better one was installed.
Then they found that the fan noise continued and was identified as on the
graphics card. It was noticed that the shutdown was incomplete at this
stage.

The original PSU was reinstalled, hoping that would resolve the situation,
but it did not. Could the issue be that the PSU needs to be in when W2k is
installed? Whereas a new PSU creates problems for W2k? So what part of W2k
do I need to reinstall or what?

I've tried looking in the MS Knowledgebase for this, but it all seems beyond
me, although there do seem to be issues with W2k shutdown.

Thanks for any help - Alex.