[win2kforum] Re: screen resolution by user profile - Solution?

  • From: "Mauro Dionisi" <mhdion@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 12:48:26 -0300

After hours of seeking I found this...

http://flowserv.teco.uni-karlsruhe.de/mirror/www.ntfaq.com/ntfaq/userconf26.html

It seems like there is no solution for my problem.}
So, anyone could tell me how to create a script to run on Start and change
s.r. depending on user name?

thanks a lot
Mauro

From: "Mauro Dionisi" <mhdion@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 12:45:35 -0300

I tried it thousands times, but NOTHING! When I close the session of the new
user, with a different screen resolution and start another with different
user, that should have different screen resolution, this one doesn't change.

Reading on line help, I founded that I could create more than one hardware
profile. I did it, and it works. Different hardware profiles had different
screen resolution, BUT... If any user chages the s.r. this change is saved
with the hardware profile. And, if I want to change the current hardware
profile, win2k reboots (to much time to lot for something so simple).

Please Would you tell me how to create the user profile?May be I'm doing
something wrong.

thanks

Mauro