[win2kforum] Re: remove BDC from AD

  • From: "D-rok" <Webservices@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 09:47:50 -0400

I'm not sure what your purpose would be for having BDC that is not
connected to a domain... But to each his own. There are a few ways you
could go about it. Either remove the machine from the network and delete
the computer account in AD, or switch your 2000 domain to native mode so
that it will not replicate to any BDC's. The key word here is ANY BDC's.
If you go to native mode, you can not go back to mixed mode, and any
other BDC's will not be replicated to. Good Luck!

Daniel
MCSE, CCNA, MCSA, MCT,
CIW, Net+, Server+, A+