[win2kforum] multiple gw on winnt 4 ws

I have over 40 WinNT 4 WS running on my LAN.
I have added a new internet link to provide High
Availability of internet services.

My problem is that I added the new gateway to the client
but when I disconnect the main link, to simulate al link
failure, the client does not go out via the second gateway.

I've tried changing me metric value, thinking that when the
costless one fails, it will try the next one.
Every time I tried this the client returns the error of
transmision time out. I have tested the different
configurations with tracert to check out for wich link is
going out to internet.

Any suggestions of how I can make windows nt 4 ws to use
the alternative gw when the first one is down?

win2kforum-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx