[win2kforum] Re: PDC Demotion in Mixed Mode

  • From: "Randy Martin - TBay" <randitola@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 23:20:42 -0400

It's unclear to me why you want to demote the Win2kDC
In Win2k, the concept of PDC, BDC, and the fact that you can never have 2
PDC's is gone...In Win2k, all DC's are equal, and you can have as many as
you want so there is no need to demote the one you just promoted.
I second Reid's comment on if you DO want to demote this DC, you want to
make sure you promote another one first or you lose your domain....

Hope this helps,
Randman