[win2kforum] Re: PDC Demotion in Mixed Mode

  • From: "L.W. Kramer" <lwkramer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 10:27:23 -0700

Don't know enough about your situation, but I would suggest that you keep
whatever domain structure you have already set up intact by upgrade and
promotion on the other boxes: let them use the present AD DC to join the
domain, and then promote the new machine to the master AD DC (global
catalog, pdc emulator, etc, roles) and demote the old one after that.

L.