[win2kforum] Re: OWA time error..

  • From: Ian.Paterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 16:59:27 +0100

I dont know much about Exch5.5 (Notes admin myself), as a few dumb suggestions,
are these win 2k servers?  Are they synchronising time with the PDC correctly?
Same regional settings on both machines and for admin profiles?  Its a common
type of problem seen with Notes where the local machine clock is configured
incorrectly by the admin profile off setting resource allocation times.  It
really gets up users noses!  If its NT 4.0, the admin profile overwrites the
machine regional settings, can be changed in the registry if needed, i'll dig
this out if you need it.

Any help?

CQuigley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 04/04/2001 16:47:28

Please respond to win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:   win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:    (bcc: Ian Paterson/P'Boro/UK/LEO)

Subject:  [win2kforum] OWA time error..

I'm having an odd error setting up OWA with IIS5/Exch5.5... Anyone seen
this:

I have a dual-homed Exchange server environment. 50% of my clients have no
problems - 50% (with mailboxes on either server) get a time inconsistency in
their calendar when making appointments with OWA..

Example:

Chris is on Exch server 1, hits OWA box, makes appointment, time is correct.
JoeSchmoe is on Exch server 1, hits OWA box, makes appointment, time is 7
hours off...

Anyone, anyone? :)

- CQ