[win2kforum] Netlogon with win98 clients

  • From: "Robert Davis" <sniper_lt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 02:36:56 -0000

This may be an rather obvious question but I will ask it anyway. I have a
Win2k Server machine (not advanced server) I want to put several programs in
the netlogon share to make them availible to all user. Such as Kixtart.exe,
Flashquiz( as online testing program) I have 27 winp8 clients that use the
Win2k machine as their logon validation domain controller. The Win2k server
machine is the PDC and the only domain controller in the network.

Here is the problem. When I click on Neighborhood Network on any of any of
the win98 machines I cannot see the NETLOGON share on the server. I can see
two shared directories/folders on other win98 machines that I have made of
other purposes but not the NETLOGON share of the server.

Any ideas??