[win2kforum] NT vs. 2K

  • From: "Chris Krug" <turbochris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Win 2K list" <win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 13:40:40 -0400

Some old fart where I work is recommending using Windows NT for our soon to
be purchased laptop computers, I feel Windows 2000 will serve us better. Can
anyone help me prepare an argument for my superiors by pointing out some
advantages and disadvantages of each OS? So far I've found that Win 2K has
built in support for hot docking the PC cards and disk drives, battery
management and also has USB support, anything else?

Is it true that Microsoft will no longer release any service packs for NT?
How can I verify this?

Thanks, Chris Krug