[win2kforum] Mapped Network Drives Problem

  • From: lmepsted@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Lance Mepsted)
  • To: <win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 17:04:57 +0100

Hi

I have a problem with mapped network drives in Win2k Pro.
A while back I added a zip drive to my computer which automatically assigned
itself as the F drive.  This was one of my mapped drives and so I reassigned
the drive letter Y to the zip drive using the admin tools, computer
management, storage mmc.  This worked ok except that now my F drive always
has the red cross by it in explorer.  If I click on it then I can view the
contents of F even though it has a red cross.  But various applications that
use my mapped F drive report errors.  You can ignore the errors and they
still work but it is annoying to see the error message all the same.

Then I created another partition and sure enough all my mapped drives now
have a red cross.  They all still work but all have red crosses.  Has anyone
come across this or knows how to fix it?  Cheers.

Regards

Lance Mepsted
Network Manager
Group Information Systems
WS Atkins Consultants Ltd
Gillingham - site code MEA)
Tel 01634 361361 ext 2025

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected.
If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is
strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing
stated in this communication shall be legally binding.