[win2kforum] Re: Inaccessible Boot Device

  • From: Randy Martin - TBay <MartinR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 13:34:02 -0400

Here's one suggestion....IF you have a spare HD that you could use....
Throw it into the your server....install WIn2k on it - hook up your old hd
as and go into disk management to "Import Foreign disk"
this may allow you to retrieve the data off the old drive...unless it's
REALLY pooched!
By the way you're talking, I assume you don't have a backup?

Anyway, let me know how this goes if you do it.
Thanks,
Randman