[win2kforum] 2 small networks and netmeeting

  • From: "Oded Neumann" <oded.neumann@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Win2kforum@Freelists. Org" <win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 00:12:40 +0200

Hi.
I've got a server, that is directly connected to DSL. The other
connection from this server, goes to a HUB, where other (4) PCs are
connected to. The routing is managed by "WinRoute". Everything is
working fine.

When I want to establish a "pc-to-pc-call" (talking over internet) to a
person, that uses it's "internet-phone" (e.g. NetMeeting) on a
"stand-alone-PC" (No net), I can do it, even if I sit in front of one of
my PCs, that are connected to the HUB. (BTW, the other person can not
call me)
BUT,... when the other person has got the same configuration as I, then
it does NOT work.

I'd like to know, if I and/or the other person, can do anything, in
order to achieve this kind of "pc-to-pc-call"

Could you please help? any ideas?

Regards
Oded