Re: wily in cygwin

  • From: Davor Cubranic <cubranic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Don McLane <dmclane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 12:13:45 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006, Don McLane wrote:

Yes, I can get rid of the "$PWD" in the tag if I start wily like that ... but, opps, now I have to change $HOME too. And who knows what else. Is this really a feature?

Why waste the space in the tag for "/home/cubranic/foo" when "$HOME/foo" is shorter and more informative? ("~/foo" would be even nicer.)

Comparing wily with acme; there are some nits: I like wily because the up/down arrow controls cursor movement. Although I like acme because the scroll wheel works.

There have been at least a couple of patches for using scroll wheel in Wily posted here a couple of years ago, if you can track them down in the archive.