wily in cygwin

  • From: Don McLane <dmclane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wilyfans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 21:13:24 -0700

I just started using Wily and had some questions/comments. I'm running it in cygwin (which is probably the source of my problems).

Is it supposed to display "$PWD" in the tag? Seems like that's an expression that should be evaluated somehow.

If you have a file named "new" (lowercase n) and you middle-click "New" then it opens the file "new". What are the odds that a new user, trying wily for the first time, had a file named "new"? Well it happened! It makes for a very confused newbie.

Shouldn't I be able to right-click on "../" and open a window in the parent directory?

Anyway, thanks to the developers. Wily promises to be a really productive environment.

Don